Sticky: Backpack hunting

Talk about all things deer and deer hunting.
Hunt reports. Stalking. Hound Hunting.

Hosery
Liked posts: 51

Post by Hosery »

Packed in last weekend to some new country that was completely different to the norm for a donut. Saw 5 deer for the weekend between 2 blokes. Mid to high 20s gave my mate the slip before he could get a good look/bead on him. Temps went from hot when we first arrived to mega cold way below zero, puddles still frozen solid all day which obviously played a part in the score. Some great country seen however with truck loads of sign couldn’t really crack them. Havnt decided yet to cross it off the list of give it a real crack once the temps rise a little. Till than back to the drawing board as the remote hills are always calling me.

On a positive the new to me exo pack was a game changer over the old cheap black wolf. Why I put my self through that pain for so long I won’t know the answer.
Attachments
7D927C43-023C-46A1-86D7-982202791BF7.png
83DAFC1B-CC7C-4806-817C-A4CE5BB8A3AA.png

HDS
Liked posts: 196

Post by HDS »

big hose dog didnt come out heavy ...... again! ? :mrgreen:
Warm Barrels.

Hosery
Liked posts: 51

Post by Hosery »

HDS wrote: August 7th, 2022, 2:51 pm big hose dog didnt come out heavy ...... again! ? :mrgreen:
Yeah they beat me this time. But not next time. Just traded my binos in for a thermal. Pulling my vx5 off next week also for a deadly thermal scope and while I’m at it Probly take the muzzle brake off and swap it for a can. I’ll than be able to keep up with the hardcore Insta hunters now and can show off all my big heads shot on last light 🤙🏻

Just gotta get instagram and Facebook first too also.

HDS

Post by HDS »

Hosery wrote: August 7th, 2022, 7:07 pm
HDS wrote: August 7th, 2022, 2:51 pm big hose dog didnt come out heavy ...... again! ? :mrgreen:
Yeah they beat me this time. But not next time. Just traded my binos in for a thermal. Pulling my vx5 off next week also for a deadly thermal scope and while I’m at it Probly take the muzzle brake off and swap it for a can. I’ll than be able to keep up with the hardcore Insta hunters now and can show off all my big heads shot on last light 🤙🏻

Just gotta get instagram and Facebook first too also.
fk yeah that will be so sick man, sick
Warm Barrels.

HDS

Post by HDS »

i missed the Exo part too, yeahhh how nice to of been carting a Exo first time... it only gets better too once ya work it all out an gt a fit goin!
epic
Warm Barrels.