Barra

Talk about all things saltwater fishing.
Bay and Estuary reports. Offshore. Game fish.
burners
Liked posts: 34

Barra

Post by burners »

Planned on fishing a couple of days locally to avoid the Easter crowds, Bynoe Harbour, Barra as main target but always get some by catch, while the weather was good we travelled in the boat a bit to explore some new ground.
With a hint of the dry season in the air, it was quiet pleasant, humidity was down, bit of cloud cover, almost too nice to catch Barra!
We caught a mixed bag, Golden snapper, Estuary cod, Queenfish, a large GT had my mate dancing around the boat, Mangrove Jack, Flathead and Barra of various size, the biggest surprise to me was large Tarpon in numbers, caught half a dozen all all around the 50 - 60cm size in different places, unusual catch for me in the salt, slimy flickers but fun to catch (they are common in the fresh but not in that size).
The last fish of the day was a fat 82cm Barra, topped of a great day with a great mate, a few Barra and Mangrove Jack in the esky we headed back to the ramp and caught the edge of a small storm cooling things off nicely.
Only took the one Barra photo, regretting not taking some photos of the big Tarpon....
Cancelled fishing the second day, had enough fish to last a while, cheers.
Attachments
IMG20220417090209.jpg
Last edited by burners on May 22nd, 2022, 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seb
Site Admin
Liked posts: 129

Barra

Post by Seb »

Sounds like a good spot with that much variety. NT is some of the best fishing I've ever done.
Cheers for the report đź‘Ť

markg
Liked posts: 50

Barra

Post by markg »

That's great fishing you had there. Those fillets look tasty. 82 is a nice Barra. Well done.