Boars

Talk about all things pig hunting.
Hunt reports. Stalking. Dogging
Tassieshooter
Liked posts: 12

Boars

Post by Tassieshooter »

Some big pigs and massive tusks amongst that lot burners, that one laying on the termite mound is a ripper,
[img][/img]

Wallow
Liked posts: 15

Boars

Post by Wallow »

Boars, a black panther, archery stuff and a bang stick.....what's not to like.
Life could get real interesting for hunters if the boars developed a behavioral twist and morphed their carrion eating habits into regularly hunting and killing to get their meat.

Yes....I'm kidding but in reality it is not beyond contention. It only takes one sow to do this as normal behavior and and then teach her young to do the same. Before you know it the game is afoot.........

markg
Liked posts: 37

Boars

Post by markg »

WOW! Those piggies have copped it. Looks like you have been having a blast. :D

burners
Liked posts: 33

Boars

Post by burners »

Cheers fellas, I lived and breathed it for a while there with the dogs to keep active, they are tired now so its slowed down, the Top End is a great playground to fish and hunt that's for sure.

Starting to have distant thoughts of a new target species in a cooler climate, I don't know if its just getting through another build up with record heat waves or not but in reality the real cold weather scares me haha

burners
Liked posts: 33

Boars

Post by burners »

Tassieshooter wrote: December 14th, 2021, 1:43 pm Some big pigs and massive tusks amongst that lot burners, that one laying on the termite mound is a ripper,
Yeah no grinders, both tusks had grown around and were pushing back into the molars, must of been in some pain
ANZAC Boar 004 (2017_12_27 08_23_04 UTC).JPG
skull 002 - Copy (2017_12_27 08_23_04 UTC).JPG
skull 004 (2017_12_27 08_23_04 UTC).JPG

Wallow
Liked posts: 15

Boars

Post by Wallow »

burners wrote: December 14th, 2021, 9:08 pm Yeah no grinders, both tusks had grown around and were pushing back into the molars, must of been in some pain
I feel so sorry for that pig. To live with such relentless pain must have been terrible torture and it still had to grind each mouthful of food before swallowing. Horrible.

It reminds me of a recently discovered skeleton of a long deceased ancient young African male - Home Erectus - who lived some 1.80 million to 110,000 years ago. He died early due to having impacted wisdom teeth. The archeologists suggest that he lived in horrendous mouth pain for years and his death would have been a much welcomed relief.