Woodleigh fiasco

Talk about firearms and reloading
Guns. Powders. Projectiles.
HDS
Liked posts: 196

Woodleigh fiasco

Post by HDS »

I know alot of you Brothers were using Woodleighs prior to the burnt factory- I been wondering, how many of you had to switch projectiles? due to shortages of chossen projectile?

did you stock up?
use what ya had?
changed brands?

out of the Woodleighs, what was your favourite ?

I am jazzed up on my little Kimber again, it spits the 140gr Woodleigh like fire! ;)
Warm Barrels.

biglaz
Liked posts: 24

Woodleigh fiasco

Post by biglaz »

May pay to hold off on buying projectiles untill the new game regs come out, I'm hearing we may end up like England and have to use copper boolits. May have a shit load of coppery sinkers for sale. lol
"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity"

HDS

Woodleigh fiasco

Post by HDS »

biglaz wrote: August 6th, 2022, 6:20 pm May pay to hold off on buying projectiles untill the new game regs come out, I'm hearing we may end up like England and have to use copper boolits. May have a shit load of coppery sinkers for sale. lol
mate let me be honest..... thats a joke.

spotlights were illegal for 100 years thermals for the past 10 an more so in print for 5......... in excess of 5,000 thermals on rotation each month.... possibly each weekend.
Not 1 Booking yet.................. let that sink in.

just like the little .243 that rolls the ol sambars down the hills.............

priorities are fucked up but hunters must begin to see there is nothing to be gained here, Loss Loss loss all the way until its like Scotland........... You hunt only on Game Farms. for Cost. period. no more.
Warm Barrels.

Knackers
Liked posts: 41

Woodleigh fiasco

Post by Knackers »

I got a few packs of 140gr Speer Hotcores and they fly about the same as the Woodleighs with the same warmer charge.

I am keen to see the diff when sent into a deer or two and it's my next experiment after using diff 140 projies, shot from my Tikka T3x in 6.5x55 Swede.

HDS

Woodleigh fiasco

Post by HDS »

Knackers wrote: August 8th, 2022, 1:04 am I got a few packs of 140gr Speer Hotcores and they fly about the same as the Woodleighs with the same warmer charge.

I am keen to see the diff when sent into a deer or two and it's my next experiment after using diff 140 projies, shot from my Tikka T3x in 6.5x55 Swede.
The hot cor is a good one imo, ive used it in .35 Whelen and .303brit, now just the 303. the Swede is a sweetheart for a Cup an core projectile too
Warm Barrels.

Knackers
Liked posts: 41

Woodleigh fiasco

Post by Knackers »

Yeah, very keen to see if the Hotcors exit or stay in the animals like previous soft points I used but with near a grain less 2213sc.

You can sorta see the controlled expansion with the Woodleighs as the exit hole is not huge but maybe double the pill diameter.

Maybe I just missed bone by fluke on my older buck as It may have been that ideal just behind the shoulder shot and quartering towards me a bit as it came out closer to center animal.

I did a bush test with my 22mag shooting the light 30gr ammo and caught the pills.
A 1.25ltr coke bottle of ice and one with water, but shot length-wise at 50yds.
Like a flat mushroom and the water one, I could just make out a bit of the pill base. They lost about half their weight.
Keen to try 40gr pills if the water still catches it.